2019 Arts Workforce Initiative Program: Now Accepting Applications for Host Organizations!
The Connecticut Office of the Arts (COA) is excited to launch its 2019 Arts Workforce Initiative (AWI) Program! AWI provides internship opportunities for Connecticut college students, emerging creative professionals and military veterans at Connecticut not-for-profit arts and cultural organizations.
COA is currently accepting applications from organizations interested in serving as an AWI Host Organization. Selected host organizations will receive a grant from the Connecticut Office of the Arts in the amount of $3,750 and will pay the intern at the rate of $15 per hour.
To be eligible as an AWI Host Organization, an organization must:
- Be a not-for-profit Connecticut arts/cultural organization;
- Be able to provide an internship opportunity within the following categories: arts administration, arts presenting/curating, media arts, performing arts, visual arts, arts education, and literary arts;
- Be able to provide a hands-on and engaging internship opportunity;
- Be in alignment with and display an understanding of COA’s READI Framework;
- Be able to accommodate an intern between June 1, 2019 – September 30, 2019;
- Be committed to ensuring that the intern completes the required 250 hours;
- Be able to provide a dedicated work space for the intern. An intern may not work remotely;
- Be able to employ the intern as a contractor. A W-9 form is required;
- Be willing and able to meet with the intern within the first week of the internship to establish S.M.A.R.T. goals. Establishing S.M.A.R.T. goals will improve the chances of a successful internship for both the intern and the host organization. S.M.A.R.T. goals must be submitted to COA and consistently tracked by the organization and the intern. S.M.A.R.T. stands for:
- S: Specific
- M: Measurable
- A: Achievable
- R: Relevant
- T: Time-bound
Applications must be received by 9 am on Monday, February 11, 2019.
- An organization may host more than one (1) intern.
- Selected host organizations will be granted $3,750 per intern and will pay the intern(s) at the rate of $15 per hour. The intern(s) will receive payment from the host organization.
- Internship must begin after June 1, 2019 and must conclude before September 30, 2019.
- Internship is for 25 hours per week for 10 weeks.
Reporting Requirements for Host Organizations:
Host organizations will be required to submit a certified final report including:
- a narrative explaining the duties and projects that the intern completed;
- work schedule/time sheet to document that the intern completed the required 250 hours;
- financial summary showing payment to the intern;
- final evaluation of the S.M.A.R.T. goals; and
- supplemental documentation.
Questions: Contact Adriane Jefferson at 860-500-2328