2022 Annual Report
- Supported over $1 million in state funding directed to Western Connecticut.
- Paid $81,200 to artists, arts organizations, and creative businesses.
- Promoted more than $300K to arts and culture in the region through the American Rescue Package Act.
- Collected 560+ surveys with the sixth Arts and Economic Prosperity (AEP6) study by Americans for the Arts. The study evaluates the economic impact of the arts and culture industry in Western Connecticut.
- Invested $30K to improve membership services and our membership increased by 33%
- Provided strategic, structural, and fiscal support behind the scenes to help artists and informal groups grow.
- Engaging more than 65 people in our Walk in Their Shoes program, representing individuals, nonprofits, and business leaders, all working to expand access and opportunities for everyone.
In 2022, our focus was the Environment, Economy, and Engagement through the lens of creativity. Proud to partner with Aquila’s Nest Vineyards, Danbury Fair, CT Institute for Communities, Hancock Hall, and the Juneteenth Coalition of Danbury.
We’re thankful to all our partners in this work, and we look forward to new opportunities! A special thanks to DECD CT Office of the Arts; CT Humanities; and CT Arts Alliance.