The fourth annual Art in the Park festival is getting a virtual spin this year! Please join us in celebrating creativity at Weir Farm by participating in the 2020 Virtual Art in the Park Contest and Exhibit. All artists, from beginner to professional, are encouraged to take part in this contest by submitting an image of a piece of artwork inspired by or made at the park.
Submissions will be accepted online through September 30th, 2020. Once entered, artwork will become part of a virtual exhibit launching October 31st, 2020 that is focused on showcasing artistic inspiration and creativity at Weir Farm National Historic Site. Become part of our long lasting artistic tradition by sharing your artwork with us today! Link to submit: Click here!
Virtual Art in the Park Contest Rules:
- All artwork must be submitted by end of day Friday, September 30th, 2020.
- Only digital submissions will be accepted, no in person submissions.
- One submission per person.
- Any original work created at or inspired by Weir Farm in any visual art medium may be entered into the contest. This includes paintings, drawings, pastels, photographs, fabrics, sculpture, mixed media, and more! Works depicting other locations (ie Block Island, etc.) will not be accepted.
- Entries will be judged on the use of color, quality of work, originality, creativity, and how well the work represents Weir Farm.
- Contest categories include Junior Artist, Teen Artist, Adult Artist, and Advanced Artist for the public, and a NPS Staff, Partner and Volunteer category.
- The winner of the Advanced Artist category will receive the Weir Masterpiece Award.
- People will have the chance to vote for their favorite via our social media pages to determine a winner for the Visitors’ Choice Award.
All works will be included in a virtual exhibit on Weir Farm’s website at www.nps.gov/wefa, that will go live on Weir Farm’s 30th Birthday, October 31, 2020.
By entering the contest, the artist gives permission for the park to use images of the work on the park’s website, social media, and print media. Advanced/Professional artists may request crediting or limitations on use.
Participants enter by emailing an image of their artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org and filling out this form to provide information about their art and permission to use the image on the park website.
Any questions about the contest? Email email@example.com.
A big thank you to Weir Farm NHS partners, G&B Cultural Center, Weir Farm Art Alliance, and Friends of Weir Farm for their support of all Art in the Park programs and this year’s virtual festival and exhibit!