The Artists Respond grant program awards funds to Connecticut artists for community-based art projects.
Connecticut artists may apply for a grant of $3,000 to support artist fees and project related expenses.
Artists Respond Projects:
- should thoughtfully engage the community where the project takes place.
- should consider social issues and current events that are significant to this community.
- serve as a Call to Action and be responsive to the social issue identified by the artist/applicant.
- use the arts to advance community conversations.
- must occur in Connecticut and be initiatives led by the artist/applicant. Artists may partner with organizations (nonprofits, business, etc), but the project may not be an extension of the organization’s work.
The Artists Respond program will invest in wide range of community-based projects from large audience events to small group activities.
Deadline: October 25, 2023 at 11:59pm
Review: November 1 – December 15, 2023
Notification: mid-January 2024
Funding Period: February 1, 2024 – January 31, 2025