We are pleased to announce the next program in our continuing series to acquaint diversity candidates in colleges and universities with careers in art museums. Our thanks to Bill Eiland, the University of Georgia, and the panelists who are taking part in this program co-sponsored by AAMD and the University of Georgia Graduate School Office of Experiential Professional Development.
A panel of museum professionals will discuss careers in art museums with an emphasis on attracting a diversity of scholars to the art museum space. The program is being offered to all students who are interested in a career in art museums. The panelists include:
• Linda Harrison, Director, Newark Museum of Art
• Maurita Poole, Director, Clark Atlanta University Art Museum
• Michael Tomor, Director, Tampa Museum of Art
• Shawnya Harris, Curator of African American and African Diasporic Art, Georgia Museum of Art
• Erin Northington, Associate Director of Campus and Community Education and Engagement, Block Museum of Art at Northwestern Unversity
The program will be presented on April 13 from 3:30 – 4:45PM EST.
To register, go to: https://uga.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0ld-6hpzwvEty-dth-DHD_qdVFeatcN58i.
The program is free but registration is required.