The Connecticut Office of the Arts (COA) is accepting applications for its CARES Act Emergency Relief Grants. These grants are for Connecticut non-profit arts organizations that have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Funds may be used for:
- Salary support, full or partial, for positions that are critical to an organization’s mission
- Fees for artists and/or contractual personnel to maintain or expand the period during which such persons would be engaged
- Facility / occupancy costs, such as rent and utilities
- Costs directly associated with an organization’s ability to continue operations now and in the future
$1,500 base grant amount, plus additional funding for:
- $500 for organizations with at least one (1) paid position (full or partial) OR
- $1,000 for organizations with two (2) or more paid positions (full or partial)
NOTE: Paid positions may be salaried or contractual
• $500 for organizations that rent, lease, or own physical space for administrative purposes and/or the delivery of arts events, services, and activities. (Home offices are not eligible.)
No grant will be less than $1,500 or more than $3,000.
Due to limited funds and anticipated high volume of applications, grantees will be randomly selected from the pool of eligible applicants with attention to geographic distribution.