- This event has passed.
WCSU Announces Fall 2023 Public Arts Events
October 13 @ 12:00 PM - November 12 @ 4:00 PM$35
Western Connecticut State University will host a variety of fine arts programs open to the public, and most are free. An Art Alumni Exhibition, Visiting Artist and Faculty Lectures and Sip & Sculpt nights and more are planned. Details about the events, including how to register or purchase tickets, can be found at wcsuvpac.eventbrite.com. The events are:
- WCSU Art Alumni Exhibition commemorating WCSU’s 120th anniversary with an exhibition of talented B.A. and M.F.A. in Art alumni, beginning Thursday, Oct. 5, through Sunday, Nov. 12, at the university’s The Gallery at the Visual and Performing Arts Center (VPAC), 43 Lake Ave. Extension in Danbury. The exhibition is free to the public and is co-sponsored by the WCSU Department of Art and the WCSU Alumni Association. The exhibition will feature a vast array of works in a variety of media and genres by 50 talented WCSU undergraduate and graduate alumni of the WCSU Visual Arts program. Gallery hours are Tuesday – Thursday from 12 – 4 p.m. and Saturday and Sundays from 1 – 4 p.m.
- WCSU Department of Art Faculty Lecture with Professor of Art and illustrator Jack Tom, on Tuesday, Oct. 17, from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. in Room 144 of the VPAC. Tom is an award-winning graphic designer, illustrator and educator who has taught at various Northeast universities and colleges, as well as a former designer/art director at McCall’s magazine, CBS and Business Week magazine. Tickets are free, but limited and must be reserved in advance.
- Visiting Artist Lectures featuring Magge Gagliardi, illustrator, on Wednesday, Nov. 1, and Hangama Amiri, interdisciplinary artist, on Wednesday, Nov. 15; both lectures start at 11 a.m. in Room 144 of the VPAC. The events are free, but seating is limited and registration is required.
- Faculty Workshop – “What is Creativity? Theory and Application of the Creative Process” with Francis Patnaude, a WCSU Adjunct Professor of Sculpture, photographer and welder, on Tuesday, Nov. 28, at 6:30 p.m. in Room 145 of the VPAC. Advance registration is required.
- Sip & Sculpt, an evening of sculpting, wine, music and light refreshments for all skill levels, on Friday, Dec. 1, from 7 – 9 p.m. in Room 248 of the VPAC. Tickets must be reserved in advance and are $35 for those aged 21 and over.