- This event has passed.
The Ridgefield Arts Council Celebrates Make Music Day
Ridgefield, CT – Make Music Ridgefield will return for its 4th straight year with a wonderful and eclectic mix of free, in-person musical events on Tuesday, June 21st from 11:00 am – 7:00 pm, with an ever-expanding schedule of events and performances.
Make Music Ridgefield is part of Make Music Day, a global celebration of music that takes place on the summer solstice each year and brings people of all ages and skill levels together for music-making experiences. From classical to folk, bluegrass to country, jazz to soul, live music of all kinds resounds on the streets, sidewalks, parks, and storefronts of Ridgefield.
“The Ridgefield Arts Council works throughout the year to surface the wealth and diversity of cultural offerings in and throughout Ridgefield. Make Music Day is a powerful and culminating celebration in of the town’s rich calendar of art, culture, and community development. We are thrilled to be activating so much of Ridgefield with programming and opportunities to enjoy and engage with art, music, and its creators.” (Colleen Cash – Ridgefield Arts Council Chairperson)
Highlights of Make Music Ridgefield 2022
Want to jump in and participate in some interactive music-making events?
- Put your shower singing to the test at Community Karaoke (Ridgefield Library)
- Make some noise at Poetry Slam with Barb Jennes (Ridgefield Library)
- Got Rhythm? Join the Drum Circle (Ballard Park)
- Find your inner zen at Soundscapes Journey (Aldrich)
- Are you the next Von Trapp Family Singers? Come to the Family Singalong with the Ridgefield Library Song Circle (Ridgefield Library)
- Let the music be your muse and unleash your creativity at Paint the Music (Keeler Tavern Museum & History Center)
Looking to experience a wide variety of musical genres?
- Not Tuna – Blues (Keeler Tavern Museum & History Center )
- Danbury Mad Hatter Barbershop Chorus: Blue Moon Quartet – A capella (Ridgefield Library)
- Dave Goldenberg & George Mallas – Folk (Keeler Tavern Museum & History Center )
- 3 Limes and a Coconut – Pop (The Lantern)
- Novadust – Electronic, Indie-Rock (Town Hall)
- The Goobers – R & B (RPAC Gallery)
- Brian Butler Quartet – Jazz (The Lantern)
And much, much more…!
Complete town-wide events and locations can be found HERE.
About the Ridgefield Arts Council: Founded in 1997, the mission of the Ridgefield Arts Council, a town-appointed committee is to inform, entertain, and inspire those who appreciate and create art in all its genres. The council generates attention for and facilitates collaboration between members of Ridgefield’s vibrant arts community.
About Make Music Day: Make Music Day is presented by the NAMM Foundation, and coordinated by the Make Music Alliance. Make Music Day is a free celebration of music around the world. Launched in 1982 in France as the “Fête de la Musique,” it is now on the same day in more than 1,000 cities in 120 countries.