As we look toward our 13th Annual Business Supports the Arts Awards Breakfast on October 10th, 2019, I’m contacting you in hopes of a donation to support our upcoming event.
This year, we’re upgrading the raffle prize donation concept! Instead of raffle prizes we seek “experiences” – for a more innovative and meaningful way to engage people with your business. Please consider donating an experience to our 300 guests we anticipate coming!
We’re calling it “CA 1st Dibs”!
CA 1st Dibs provides unique experiences for 2 or more people. Group donations are the best! For example, a sunset hike for two, or a spa treatment for four, or learning to use a pottery wheel for a group of 4 or more people, or a unique entertainment experience. CA 1st Dibs is a first come, first served format for these exclusive offerings. Below are the categories of “experiences” we are looking to fill.
- Adventures – Hosted journeys to exciting places. Includes sports experiences along with meeting professional sports figures.
- Food Tours – Farms, community gardens, specialty restaurants, multicultural foods, pasta, pizza and candy and pastry specialists. Often led by chefs and owners of entrepreneurial food businesses.
- HistoryTours – Learn the legends behind landmarks and the secret lives of buildings and streets in our cities. The history of Hat City or this region’s role in the American Revolution. Who do you know that loves the history of our region and would be willing to share it?
- Classes and Workshops – Creatives who offer the chance to relax in an interesting setting and explore your inner artist. Art, music, dance, literature, writing and poetry classes to name a few. Sculpting, welding, forging, carpentry classes.
- Health and Wellness – Classes and encounters to improve overall well- being. Yoga, meditation, drumming, tapping, Tai Chi, etc.
- Entertainment – Bands, musicians, comedians, magicians, and other artists who offer to perform or field questions from people.
- Children and Young AdultExperiences
The purchaser of your donated experience contacts you directly. They enjoy greater engagement and direct exposure with your business or organization AND have a satisfying experience to remember. Your exposure includes signage on the CA 1st Dibs table; poster material at the front entrance; and in the program booklet. We intend to market CA 1st Dibs experiences through email and social media, in advance of the breakfast.
And we make it easy!
Just email me your donated experience with a brief description with photo, information on how the purchaser can redeem the experience, and the value of the donation. We take care of the rest!
Thank you for your support of the Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut! We do all we do, because of our supporters!
To maximize marketing value, please let me know by September 1st, if you plan to donate.