The Department of Economic and Community Development, Connecticut Office of the Arts (COA) appoints an individual resident singer-songwriter as the State Troubadour based on the recommendation of a review panel. Singers and songwriters from all genres of music are welcomed.
Those interested in serving at the State Troubadour must be nominated on or before the nomination deadline.
Who May be Nominated:
• An individual Connecticut resident singer-songwriter with a minimum composition and performance history of five years.
• A singer-songwriter is defined as a musician who writes, composes and sings his/her own material including lyrics and melodies.
• Singer-songwriter must have a significant body of work which the artist has composed, recorded, and performed.
• Singer-songwriter must have composed, recorded, and performed at least one song that promotes Connecticut. Professional studio recordings are not required.
• Singer-songwriter must be able to perform both music and lyrics solo – without accompaniment by another individual
• Must be full-time Connecticut resident (for at least two years prior to application deadline).
• Must display excellent musicianship and experience in singing and songwriting.
• Must be professionally active and available to travel and perform in a variety of educational and community settings.
Any Connecticut citizen may nominate one (1) singer songwriter for the State Troubadour position. A self-nomination will not be accepted and no award will be given posthumously. (A nominee may have multiple nominators.)
Nominators must submit the requested information listed below electronically at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CTtroubadour
COA will invite eligible nominees to submit an application for consideration. Applications and requested materials must be submitted through COA’s online e-granting portal.
Nomination Deadline: August 10, 2021
Application Deadline: September 1, 2021
Review: Fall 2021
Notification/Announcement: mid-November 2021
State Troubadour Term: January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2024