The Connecticut Office of the Arts is a newly minted State Affiliate of the AIR Institute – a training program for individuals who will serve as facilitators to advance creative community solutions.
CT AIR Facilitators will work as a cohort under the auspices of the CT Office of the Arts to facilitate workshops across the state that are community-driven and that focus on helping municipalities build their local creative economy using the AIR program strategy to achieve their goals. Learn more about the AIR Institute method at https://www.airinstitute.org/.
CT AIR Facilitators:
- Will receive training at no charge and receive a stipend to participate.
- Must commit to facilitating a minimum number of workshops each year.
- Will work in communities as independent contractors.
- Must have flexible schedules that can accommodate workshops based on community need.
- Will be compensated for their work as AIR facilitators when working under the direction of the CT Office of the Arts at a minimum rate of $1000 per community facilitation.
- Are not prohibited from providing AIR facilitation on a volunteer basis for communities (service without pay).
The program is open to arts and non-arts professionals who are committed to creative and collaborative work with communities throughout Connecticut.
- Be a full-time resident of Connecticut at the time of application.
- Attend pre-training virtual workshop(s) in September.
- Be able to attend the three-day in-person training in October.
Make a three-year commitment to the program.
TIMELINE & PROCESS
Application Deadline: August 17, 2021
Notification: early September, 2021
Virtual Workshops: September 14 and 15, 2021 from 2:00 – 5:00pm
AIR Training: October 6-8, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted through COA’s e-granting portal. Be sure to review the program details on COA’s AIR Facilitator Training website.
Applicants requiring alternative formats should reach out to COA’s Accessibility Coordinator, Tamara Dimitri by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COA is utilizing the SurveyMonkey Apply On-line Application Platform
- New Applicantsare required to register at https://ctofficeofthearts.smapply.org/acc/r/?g=77198
Returning Applicants should login with the same email and password used in our former FluidReview e-granting site. If you forgot your password then select “Reset password”