The Supporting Arts grant program provides unrestricted funding to help support Connecticut’s arts organizations and municipal arts departments as they pursue their missions. This type of grant is flexible and gives the grantee the ability to use the funds where they are most needed. Grants range from $1,000 to $15,000 depending upon the size of the organization. If the resulting awards exceed available funding, all awards will be proportionally adjusted to match available funds. (Note: FY21 grants ranged from $647 – $10,000)
Important Things to Know about the FY22 Supporting Arts grant program:
- All eligible applicants that submit a complete application will receive funding this year (FY22). Grant awards and organizational size categories remain the same.
- You will notice that the application questions are quite different from past years. These new questions are a glimpse of the upcoming shift in the program. Starting in FY23, Supporting Arts will have a new set of review criteria, and we will be engaging outside panelists who will review and score each application based on the published review criteria. This means that some applicants may not receive funding due to low panel review scores.
- This year’s (FY22) Supporting Arts does not have review criteria and applications will not go through an outside panel review. Again, all eligible applicants that submit a complete application will receive funding this year (FY22).
- The deadline for FY22 is Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
- Grant awards will be announced in mid-September 2021.
- The funding period for FY22 Supporting Arts grants is October 1, 2021 – September 30, 2022.
Question: Contact Rhonda Olisky via email at email@example.com