- This event has passed.
Save Arts, Culture and Tourism Funding in Western Connecticut!
March 30 @ 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
We can’t go back! The Funding Roadmap is an alternative. Meet with your state leaders in this forum on this issue!
The Governor’s proposed budget puts arts, culture, and tourism funding back to 2019 levels. We can’t go back!
The Funding Roadmap is a serious alternative. The Funding Roadmap allocates $58.5M to arts, culture, and tourism each of the next two years. We invited state leaders representing Western Connecticut to talk about support for the arts.
Join us in a Zoom call on Thursday, March 30th from 4 PM – 5:30 PM with our area legislators to show your support for the Funding Roadmap and continued levels of funding. Our area received almost $1 million in direct operating support to arts, culture, and tourism organizations last year. We can’t go back!
If there’s time, we’ll also discuss potential marketing opportunities involving the rest stop on Exit 1 on I-84, a gateway for tourists to our region.
- Raghib Allie-Brennan, Bethel, Danbury, Newtown, Redding
- William Buckbee, New Milford
- Cindy Harrison, Bridgewater
- Mitch Bolinsky, Newtown
- Martin Foncello, Bethel, Brookfield, Danbury
- Patrick Callahan, Danbury, New Fairfield, New Milford, Sherman
- Farley Santos, Danbury
- Bob Godfrey, Danbury
- Aimee Berger-Girvalo, Ridgefield
- Anne Hughes, Redding, Weston
- Rachel Chaleski, Danbury, New Fairfield, Ridgefield
- Julie Kushner, Bethel, Danbury, New Fairfield, Sherman
- Ceci Maher, Bethel, New Canaan, Redding, Ridgefield, Weston, Westport, Wilton
- Tony Hwang, Newtown, Weston, Westport
- Stephen Harding, Brookfield, New Milford
- Eric C. Berthel, Bethel, Bethlehem, Bridgewater, Brookfield, Middlebury, Oxford, Roxbury, Seymour, Southbury, Washington, Watertown, Woodbury
There are no space restrictions. We need numbers for this forum to make our voices heard! If you are unable to come, send a representative, or two, or three, or….
Who should attend?
- Arts & Cultural leaders
- Creative Entrepreneurs
- Board of Directors & Trustees
- Friends and Supporters of Arts & Culture
- Economic Development Coordinators
- Anyone who values arts & culture in their community.
Andrea Gartner, Facilitator
Executive Director, NRVT; Board member, CAWCT
Brett Thompson, Funding Roadmap overview
Executive Director, CT Arts Alliance
- Jennifer Guman, Chairman, Edmond Town Hall, Newtown
- Laura Flachbart, Chairman, Danbury Music Centre
- Cybele Malone, Executive Director, Aldrich Contemporary Museum, Ridgefield
- Sharon Kaufman, Director, Village Center for the Arts, New Milford
Facilitated Discussion topics:
- What is the House/Senate Dem/Republican position on the Funding Roadmap?
- What is your position?
- Why, or how can you help?
- Over the years we have heard interest in a marketing/tourism project around Exit 1, one of the gateways to our region. Is there enough interest to begin a discussion around what a project would be? How much funding would be needed?