The Connecticut Office of the Arts will provide general operating support grants funded by the CT General Assembly to support Connecticut’s theaters and performing groups as they pursue their mission.
Application Deadline: on or before 11:59 pm on Thursday, January 12, 2023
Funding Period: July 1, 2022 – December 31, 2023
Eligibility: The General Operating Support for Theaters and Performing Groups Grant Program provides funding for Connecticut based theaters and performing groups whose primary purpose is to present the performing arts to the general public.
Eligible applicants must align with one of the following categories:
- Arts Center: A multi-purpose facility that offers arts programs and/or performances of various types on a regular basis to the public. Must have a theater/performance space with seating. Seating can be mobile or stationary.
- Cinema Facility: A motion picture theater or organization which regularly shows films.
- Performing Group: A group of artists who perform works of art (e.g., an orchestra, theater or dance group). Must have rehearsals and/or public performances on a regular basis (monthly, yearly, etc.).
- Performing Community Group: A group of persons who perform works of art vocationally and who may be, but are not necessarily, directed by professionals. Must have rehearsals and/or public performances on a regular basis (monthly, yearly, etc.).
- Performing Group for Youth: A group which may, but does not necessarily, include children and/or performs works of art for young audiences. Must have rehearsals and/or public performances on a regular basis (monthly, yearly, etc.)
- Performance Facility: A building or space used for presenting concerts, drama presentations, etc.
- Other: If you do not align specifically to one of the above categories, and your primary purpose is to present the performing arts to the general public, then select other and explain. Please be prepared to demonstrate via your uploaded budget that 51% or more of your budget is allocated to the arts (see rules for Eligibility) AND that your budget clearly shows income and/or expenses that align with the purpose and function of a Theater or Performing Group.