Come As You Are Online Exhibit.
Call for Artists to Submit Entry | Deadline – May 20th | Opens July 8th Online
This online exhibit is open to artists located in CT, NY, NJ. The opening of the exhibit is July 8, 2022. The show will be unveiled during the Come As You Are online art opening on July 8th.
No two bodies are exactly the same. We come in all shapes, sizes, and colors with different abilities. All are valid and worthy of acceptance and respect.
The Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut invites artists to explore the diversity of all body types, ages and genders, inclusive of all skin colors, perfections, and imperfections. Continue this cultural conversation and challenge the viewers to redefine their way of seeing the human form and to contemplate how our bodies differ.
Lisa D’Amico, guest curator says, “I see this exhibition not as a depiction of the human form as an object of beauty, or a subject of anatomy but rather as an elaboration on body acceptance. A celebration of the diversity of all body types, ages and genders, inclusive of all skin colors, perfections, and imperfections. I hope it challenges us to change the way we feel about ourselves and think about our bodies while inspiring confidence, self-belief, emotional resilience, and a positive self-image.”
- Open to Artists in CT, NY, and NJ
- 2-dimensional works only created within the last two years: Representational or abstract, all mediums including Oils, Watercolors, Graphics, Acrylics, Computer generated pieces, Monotypes, Photography, etc., may be submitted as long as the submissions are appropriate for public spaces.
- All submissions must be of original design and must be for sale. Sale price includes frame (if applicable)
- Artists must submit a minimum of one (1) piece. A maximum of 3 pieces allowed.
- Please include your art website and/or social media links.
- Free for Members of the Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut.
- Non-Members: $25 for the first entry and $10 for each additional entry.