Call for Artists Global Garden Exhibit.
This online exhibit is open to artists located in CT, NY, NJ. The opening of the exhibit is December 3, 2021. The show will be unveiled during the Global Garden online art opening on December 3rd.
Our global garden is facing critical environmental issues, increased levels of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere and rising global mean temperatures. As human population and consumption continues to grow, we will make ever-increasing demands upon the Earth’s natural resources (forests, pastures, cropland, fisheries, and other biologically productive areas).
The Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut invites artists to present a unique visual story of our delicate relationship with the natural world through artwork that will continue the efforts to inspire dialogue, increase awareness, and effect active change around environmental issues. Artists’ works can reflect the consequences of our current path as well as the opportunities for new ones. The artwork will encourage individuals to take action to reduce their environmental impact and leave a smaller ecological footprint.
The exhibition will strive to harness the transformative power of art to promote awareness, provoke dialogue, and inspire action as individuals and a united collective force for change. The artists working within their desired medium as a platform to raise awareness and a catalyst for a more sustainable future.
- Open to Artists in CT, NY, and NJ
- Free for Members of the Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut. Non-Members: $25 for the first entry and $10 for each additional entry.
- 2-dimensional works only created within the last two years: Representational or abstract, all mediums including Oils, Watercolors, Graphics, Acrylics, Computer generated pieces, Monotypes, Photography, etc., may be submitted as long as the submissions are appropriate for public spaces.
- All submissions must be of original design and must be for sale. Sale price includes frame (if applicable)
- Artists must submit a minimum of one (1) piece. A maximum of 3 pieces allowed.
CULTURAL ALLIANCE reserves the right to reject any and all works of art submitted to the exhibition. The jury’s decision is final.
SALES – All selected artwork must be for sale. There is a 30% commission to THE CULTURAL ALLIANCE for all sales.
MARKETING AND PUBLICITY
The Cultural Alliance will promote and market this online exhibit throughout the duration of the show. Our promotion includes a press announcement and social media exposure on Facebook and Instagram. All work selected and used for promotion purposes is credited to the respective artist. Selected artists are encouraged to do their publicity and press notices, as well. If you are a member of CA, please remember to list on our events calendar at www.cawct.org. For press releases, postcards and any other promotion materials, please include either the Cultural Alliances logo and/or text ‘sponsored by the Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut’ for appropriate credits in all PR material. A copy of all press notices must be sent to CULTURAL ALLIANCE and to the venue prior to distributing to the media.