The Connecticut Office of the Arts (COA) is excited to launch its 2021 Arts Workforce Initiative (AWI) Program. AWI is a paid apprenticeship program that gives Connecticut college students, emerging creatives, formerly incarcerated individuals and military veterans an opportunity to gain professional work experience with not-for-profit arts and cultural organizations throughout the state. COA is currently accepting applications from prospective apprentices/interns.
To be eligible for an AWI placement, an individual must:
• be a Connecticut resident;
• have availability to successfully complete the program;
• have experience in or wish to grow professionally in the following categories: arts administration, arts presenting/curating, media arts, performing arts, visual arts, arts education and literary arts;
• be enrolled in or a recent graduate from an accredited college or university OR be an emerging creative professional OR a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces OR a formerly incarcerated individual.
Submit an Application Today
Deadline to Apply: March 31, 2021 at 11:59 PM
Additional Program Information
• Internship will begin after June 1, 2021 and will conclude before September 30, 2021.
• Internship is for 25 hours per week for 10 weeks.
• Apprentices/Interns will be paid $15 per hour.
• Participants receive payment from the host organization where their apprenticeship will take place.
Contact Brianna Régine Walston via email.